Welcome to the Beauty Crew website ("the Site") which is owned, controlled and operated by Pacific Magazines Pty Limited (ABN 16 097 410 896) ("Pacific"). The all copyright in material on this Site is owned by Pacific and/or its licensors.
Your use of the Site
When you visit the Site, you will be able to read beauty articles and product information and reviews by Beauty Crew, product suppliers and other third parties and Site members. You acknowledge that all pricing, ingredients, and other specifications provided on this Site are based on information supplied by third parties and subject to change without notice.
To the fullest extent permitted by law Pacific disclaims any implied warranty that such information is accurate or complete, that any product/service is suitable for a particular purpose or that any product/service is available at a quoted price or location.
No products or services are sold on this Site however the Site may link to third party platforms where products or services are sold.
If you place an order for a product, you are placing an order with the Supplier of the product, and not Pacific. All terms regarding price, delivery and returns are between you and the Supplier, not Pacific.
If a Supplier accepts your order for the purchase of a product, then an agreement is formed between you and the Supplier and you have rights directly and only against the Supplier with respect to that purchase, and not us. We are not a party to that agreement. You acknowledge that your interactions with third party suppliers are at your own risk and Pacific has no liability for any act or omission, failure, breach, fraud or negligence of any third party Supplier.
If you have any questions relating to this Site you can send us a message via Contact Us.
Research – Review Crew® Panel
When you use this Site, you acknowledge and agree that you may be invited by Pacific Magazines to participate in feedback surveys, online surveys and/ or focus groups. Review Crew® is the online research product review panel established by Pacific for the purpose of surveying the opinions of Australians for market and social research purposes.
To be eligible to become and to remain a member of the Review Crew®, you must:
- be aged 14 years or over;
- live in Australia;
- apply for Membership;
- complete the Establishment Survey;
- have an active, permanent email address so as to receive, among other things, invitations to participate in product trials, research and any other Review Crew® Material (as defined below); and
- participate in a survey/review at least once every year, in addition to the Establishment Survey.
Pacific may accept or reject an application to be a Member at its absolute discretion and without giving you any reasons for its decision. Membership is not transferable.
You may opt out of being a panel member of the Review Crew® at any stage. This can be done by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and inserting in the subject line “Request Removal” or by following the link to unsubscribe that will be present in every email sent to you by the Review Crew® Panel.
If you have any questions about Review Crew® or Membership please contact using the following details ReviewCrew@pacificmags.com.au
You will be required to register to access certain features of the Site (such as the Beauty Crew newsletter) and to become a Review Crew® member.
For Beauty Crew newsletter subscribers:
For Review Crew® members:
Site Access & Use
All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Site ("Content") are protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Site or expressly authorised in writing by Pacific.
The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means), publication, modification, copying or transmission of material from the Site is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless you have obtained the prior written consent of Pacific or unless it is specifically stated otherwise within the Site. The material covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on the Site.
This means you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the materials contained in the Site including, without limitation, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
The Site may also include materials owned by third parties and posted on the Site by virtue of a licence, grant or some other form of agreement between the third party and Pacific. The Site contains links to other websites outside the Site for your information and convenience. Pacific makes no warranty or representation as to the functionality of these links, the security of those sites or the reliability or accuracy of the information contained on these sites. You access any such website entirely at your own risk and your purchase from any third party is entirely at your own risk. The Site may also link to other Pacific-owned websites where you may purchase goods from Pacific (such as subscriptions). Your purchase of those products on those sites is governed by terms on those sites.
Strictly on the condition that you keep all Content intact and in the same form as presented on the Site (including without limitation all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices and all advertisements), you may ONLY download and/or view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use.
Reviews, Comments and other Interactive Uses
Please by aware that by submitting content to this Site and/ or to the Review Crew®, including any product reviews or comments or participating in any interactive forum on the Site or via the Review Crew® you grant Pacific and its affiliates a nonexclusive, perpetual, transferrable, and fully sub-licensable, royalty free right to use, adapt, publish and reproduce that content for any purpose, throughout the world and in any media. We may use the name that you have submitted in connection with that content, however you acknowledge that any such attribution is at our discretion.
You waive all moral rights to any content you submit, and consent to any act or omission that could otherwise constitute a breach of such moral rights, including derogatory treatment and failure to correctly identify you as the author.
You expressly acknowledge that we may disclose the Content you submit to this Site and/ or to the Review Crew® to third parties (such as product distributors and manufacturers) for any purpose, including sub-licensing such content to them for use in their own websites and marketing activities. You acknowledge that this disclosure may include personal information about you and without any compensation, attribution or restrictions on use.
When you submit content or participate in any interactive forum on the Site, you must conduct yourself in a dignified and respectful manner. Any language, conduct or behaviour deemed inappropriate will be reported to us and we may terminate your registration. In particular, you warrant that you will not submit any of the following:
- content that is false, misleading, unlawful, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, rascist, or otherwise inappropriate; or
- content that harasses, threatens, or offends other users of the Site;
- content that infringes the intellectual property rights, privacy or confidentiality of any third party;
- content that promotes any third party business, promotion or website (except as authorised by the Pacific) including any spam or junk mail or pyramid scheme;
- viruses, or other corrupted or destructive files; or
- content that misrepresents who you are, including failing to disclose any commercial relationship of affiliation you may have with Pacific (or a competitor of Pacific) or any product or service you are reviewing or commenting on).
All views and opinions you express should be your own genuinely held views based on your experience using a product or service and not motivated by any financial gain or intended to harm another business.
Pacific and its employees and agents will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss, injury or damage arising from or as a consequence of any act or omission by Pacific. Under Schedule 2 of the Consumer and Competition Act 2010 (Cth) (“Australian Consumer Law”) and other state based legislation, certain warranties and conditions (“Implied Terms”) are implied into your contract with us. The operation of, and liability for breach of, the Implied Terms cannot be, and are not in this contract, excluded and can only be limited in certain circumstances. Except for the Implied Terms, we and Supplier (as applicable) exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all terms implied by statute, at law, in fact or otherwise.
You understand and agree that Pacific has no warranty obligations or other liabilities to you under this contract.
We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or under any other cause of action) suffered or incurred by any person in connection with this contract or an act or omission of our or any of our personnel in connection with this contract except for liability for breach of the Implied Terms which cannot be excluded by law (which may be limited to the extent permitted by the Australian Consumer Law).
In addition, our liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied into this contract is limited: in the case of goods, to any one of the following as determined by us (to the extent such liability is with respect to Our Product(s)) or Supplier (to the extent such liability is with respect to Supplier’s Product(s) (as applicable):
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
in the case of services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
While Pacific does its best to ensure the optimal performance of the Site, you agree that you use the Site and rely on material contained in the Site at your own risk.
Subject to the Implied Terms:
- Pacific does not warrant that the Site is fit for any particular purpose; that the functions contained in the materials in the Site will be uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Site is free of viruses and other harmful components or that the Content is accurate, complete or reliable.
- You should make and rely on your own enquires before entering into any transaction on the basis of the Content of the Site.
- You acknowledge that Pacific, its parents and related parties together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, are not liable for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures or for the destruction, damage or unauthorised access to your computer system or Site.
- You acknowledge that Pacific is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct or material found in connection with the Site, including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by any other person.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that Pacific does not exert control over users of the Site (including individuals referred to on the Site as guests and experts) and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour including any information, advice, defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
To the extent permissible by law, Pacific will not be liable under these Terms for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
To the extent permissible by law, Pacific’s maximum aggregate liability under these Terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the amount payable by you to us in respect of the product(s) in question.
We may transfer all or part of our rights and obligations under these Terms to our business partners or related bodies corporate. However, if assignment is likely to have a detrimental impact on you, and that impact is more than a minor impact, we will notify you about this.
You agree to indemnify and hold Pacific harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ charges on an indemnity basis), including but not limited to claims against Supplier or Pacific alleging negligence, copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement, relating to or arising out of your use of this Site or your breach of this agreement with you (as contained in these Terms).
These Terms are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia and any courts which may hear appeals form those courts.
BEAUTYcrew Rodan + Fields Competition – Review to WIN!
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to ALL residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
- All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per person.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
- The Competition may be entered by completing an original, honest and useful review of any Rodan + Fields product listed in the BEAUTYcrew product directory.
- Entries must be submitted via the internet at beautycrew.com.au
- Entries must include all requested contact details and be published during the moderation process by BEAUTYcrew to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 18/11/19 at 00:01 AEDT and closes on 27/11/19 at 23:59 AEDT. The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on the 4/12/19 from 11:00 am AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The winners will be notified by email and their names will be published online at beautycrew.com.au by 6/12/19.
- Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
- 12. Total prize value is (up to) $915.00, as at 13/11/19. FIVE (5) winners will each receive a Rodan + Fields RECHARGE 3-step Regimen pack valued at $183.00 which includes:
- Rodan + Fields 3-in-1 Super Cleanser
- Rodan + Fields Ultra Boost Moisturizing Treatment
- Rodan + Fields Protect and Blur Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize must be taken by 21/02/20. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- Any entrant found to have (a) be used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.